Although our bamboo toothbrush handles are fully biodegradable and therefore eco-friendly, you may want to go that step further and upcycle them, making them useful for that bit longer.
Here are some ideas of how to re-use your eco-toothbrush.
First, disinfect your bamboo toothbrush. To do this, boil it in hot water for several minutes. Leave to dry completely. Then using an indelible marker, label it in such a way that it does not get confused with a bathroom toothbrush in use (words like HOUSEHOLD BRUSH etc).
- Because Esbamboo toothbrushes come with medium and soft bristles, they are ideal brushes (once they are completely dry!) for gently cleaning the day to day dirt that gets stuck in computer keyboards. They can also be used to clean filters from vacuum cleaners and vents from hair dryers etc.
- Keep your upcycled bamboo toothbrush next to the sink and use on those graters, garlic crushers, sieves and other hard to clean cooking accessories. No more shredding of dish cloths and kitchen scourers.
- Keep an upcycled toothbrush in your bathroom with your cleaning items (clearly marked as HOUSEHOLD) and use to clean those hard to reach parts of your bathroom like the plug holes and the grouting between the tiles.
- Our upcycled Esbamboo toothbrushes are ideal for cleaning sports shoes – the bristles are perfect for scrubbing mud off the top and also for cleaning out the dirt from the treads/studs underneath.
- Go plastic-free in the garden! Once the bristles have been removed from our bamboo toothbrushes (learn how here), why not use them as garden/plant markers. The bamboo surface makes it easy to write on so you can identify your seeds and plants without using plastic markers. With their natural colouring, they are perfect to enhance any vegetable plot or flower bed.